Fees / Disclosures
- Funds Availability Disclosure
- Truth-In-Savings Disclosure
- Electronic Fund Transfer Agreement
- Fee Schedule
- E-Statement FAQ
Your Understanding and Cooperation are Appreciated!
The USA Patriot Act requires credit unions to take extra security precautions to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities. Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. These new prcedures are designed to prevent crimes, such as identity theft and account fraud that terrorists commit to finance their operations against the U.S. and its citizens.
When an account is opened or changed, you will be asked for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will ask to see and copy your driver's license or other identifying government issued documents. The definition of an account covers a broad range of regular financial transactions such as deposit, transaction, asset, or credit accounts or other extension of credit. The required verification may be incovnenient for some but a strong deterrent for terrorists and other criminals.
You can rest assured that we will only request the information required by law...and that we will use the information only for purposes of complying with the law. Your privacy is our top concern, and we will respect and protect it as always, consistent with the law's requirements.
Thanks for your understanding and help in this critical effort. The war on terrorism will be fought on many fronts and this is one of them.
If you have questions regarding the USA PATRIOT Act, please feel free to ask!
Your Credit Union's Assurance to your Privacy
We know how important it is to you, our member, that your personal information maintained by Education Plus Credit Union remains safe and secure. Be assured, your credit union is committed to protecting your privacy, whether you conduct business with us by telephone, U.S. Mail, in person at one of our branch outlets or electronically via the Internet, ATM network, Voice Response or Home Banking. We respect your right to confidentiality and continuously take every possible measure to ensure that your personal information remains just that, confidential.
All Education Plus Credit Union employees are required to adhere to our Confidentiality/Nondisclosure Agreement, which includes maintaining the confidentiality of all credit union and member information. We do not collect or maintain information about our members that is not essential for prudent business purposes.
Education Plus Credit Union does not disclose information about our members or former members to third parties except as permitted or required by law.
We collect information such as name, address, social security number, and assets and income directly from our members through membership applications, account and service applications, loan applications and related forms that you complete. We obtain information when verifying the information you provide on an application or other form, such as from your current or past employers or, from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions, and information, such as your account balances, payment history, parties to transactions, credit card usage and from your transactions with us. In addition, we obtain information regarding your creditworthiness and credit history from credit reporting agencies in connection with making loan decisions, making, servicing and collecting loans, and granting checking accounts and ATM/Debit card privileges. Information obtained from our members is kept secure and access to that information is limited within the credit union to personnel who need to know the information to provide products or services to our members and properly operate the credit union.
How we use collected information
We may disclose information we collect from membership and loan applications and other forms to our affiliated companies, such as:
At Education Plus Credit Union, we believe that protecting the safety and privacy of our web site visitors is one of our fundamental responsibilities. The following information will help you to understand how we protect the information gathered from www.edpluscu.com.
Education Plus Credit Union collects information such as:
- user name
- e-mail address
- Internet Service Provider address
- access time and date
- clickstreams, and
- failed logon attempts
- We collect this information for internal reporting of web site statistics, and product monitoring to improve our services. Information obtained from our web site is kept secure, and access to that information is limited within the credit union to personnel who need to know the information to provide products or services to our members and to properly operate the credit union.
Accessing external links via Education Plus Credit Union's website could result in the placement of "cookies" by those sites.
This information about members and former members is never disclosed to third parties except as permitted or required by law.
Education Plus Credit Union asks that you do not send information to us via e-mail. E-mail is not necessarily secure against interception.
Our web site may contain links to other web sites. Education Plus Credit Union is not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage all users to read the privacy statement of all linked web sites.
Education Plus Credit Union does not knowingly solicit data from children. We recognize that protecting children's identities and privacy on-line is important and the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and parents.
If you have questions regarding the privacy and security of your confidential information, please contact us at (800) 732-1921 Top ↑
Important Information About the Personal Data Collected by Education Plus Credit Union and How It Is Used
To assure the continued privacy and confidentiality of your personal financial information, Education Plus Credit Union observes these practices and procedures:
Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic information about you from some or all of the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as name, address, social security number, assets and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage; and,
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
- Information We Disclose
- We may disclose all of the information we collect as described above to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may also disclose information about you under other circumstances as permitted by law.
- Our Security Measures
- We restrict access to nonpublic information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Credit Union members and the public may receive copies of this notice of privacy practices by contacting Education Plus Credit Union.
This notice meets the notification requirements of the National Credit Union Administration regulation on privacy of consumer information, Part 716.
This Credit Union is Federally Insured by the NCUA Top ↑
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Education Plus Credit Union via it’s data processor and computer support company employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. Computer software programs are used to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. No personal information, such as your name or address, is collected or used for this analysis. We collect no information which would identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
• The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site
• The date and time you access our site
• The pages you visit and the result of the request, such as an image or query
• Other status codes and values resulting from the Web server responding to the request received: HTTP status code, Windows NT code, number of bytes sent, number of bytes received, duration (in seconds) to fulfill the request, server port number addressed, and protocol version.
Education Plus Credit Union does not use "cookies." (A "cookie" is a file placed on your hard drive by a Web site that allows it to monitor your visit, usually without your knowledge.) You can set your browser to warn you when placement of a cookie is requested and decide whether or not to accept it.
Information Collected from E-mails and Web Forms
When you send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment or by filling out a form that E-mails us this information, we use this information to fulfill or respond to your requests. We may store these requests to provide us with information for future improvements to our Web site. We may forward your E-mail to other Education Plus Credit Union employees who are better able to respond to your request. Education Plus Credit Union may also use this information to help us do our work. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide. Education Plus Credit Union does not give, sell or transfer personal information to third parties, unless required by law.